Symptoms of COVID-19
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19. This is the longest known infectious period for this disease. Symptoms have included:
- difficulty breathing
- pneumonia in both lungs In severe cases, infection can lead to death.
If you become ill
If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, reduce your contact with others:
- isolate yourself at home for 14 days to avoid spreading it to others
- if you live with others, stay in a separate room or keep a 2-metre distance
- visit a health care professional or call your local public health authority
- call ahead to tell them your symptoms and follow their instructions
- call 1-833-784-4397 (Public Health Agency of Canada)
- or, local public health office.
The content is copy of an official work that is published by the Government of Canada.
[Reference: Government of Canada.Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak update Link]